英國人最常說的十句套話

發佈日期:2010/8/23 | 5,842 天前 | 1,354

1. At the end of the day 最終;總的來說

Sure we missed our best player but at the end of the day, John, we just didn‘t play well enough to win the game.

我們最好的選手不能上場,但是最終來說,還是因為我們發揮得不好,所以無法贏得比賽。

2. Fairly unique 相當獨特(這個短語屬於過度修飾,語義不清)

I am looking for a fairly unique piece of technology.

我在尋找一種獨特的技術。

3. I personally 我個人(這個短語屬於同義重復)

I personally don’t like her.

我不喜歡她。

4. At this moment in time 此刻(這個短語也屬於語義重復)

What‘s your favorite song right at this moment in time?

此刻你最喜歡的歌是什麽?

5. With all due respect 恕我直言;冒昧的說;我並不想冒犯

With all due respect, I think there are some facts you have not considered.

恕我直言,我想你忽略了一些事實。

6. Absolutely 絕對

It is absolutely impossible.

絕對不可能。

7. It’s a nightmare 一場噩夢;太糟糕了

For Publishing, It‘s a Nightmare Before Christmas.

對於出版業來說,聖誕節前發生的事情就像一場噩夢。

8. Shouldn’t of 這個短語等於shouldn‘t have,意為“不應該”,從語法看,是不正確的,但是在口頭表達中經常使用。

I shouldn’t of had the beer!

我不該喝啤酒

9. 24/7 不間斷的;全天候的

24/7 support is a critical part of our offer.

一周7天,每天24小時的售後服務,是我們最重要的承諾。

10. It‘s not rocket science 顯而易見的;常見的;另一種說法是it doesn’t take a rocket scientist.

We‘re talking basic common sense here - it isn’t rocket science.

我們在這裏說的是常識,又不是高深莫測的東西。

 

 

上一篇院校動態:廣東珠海:英國留學 - 大學招生代理(零中介服務) 2010-08-21

下一篇院校動態:2011年英國留學申請時間表 2010-08-30

相關院校動態