| To know one is true progress. 人貴有自知之明。 |
| Don't pull the chairs about, boys! 不要把椅子拖來拖去,孩子們! |
| It is desirable to apply to good schools. 申請好學校是令人嚮往的。 |
| A stitch in time saves nine. 小洞不補,大洞吃苦。 |
| I noticed that. 我註意到了。 |
| My mouth is watering!我要流口水了! |
| Here's a gift for you. 這裏有個禮物送給你。 |
| Talking with you is a pleasure. 和你談話很愉快 |
| Will you come and join us for dinner on Sunday? 星期天來和我們共進晚餐好嗎? |
3月16日 英語常用短句學習 Part 2
| 十事半通,不如一事精通。 Better master one than engage with ten. |
| 天氣預報說下個月會有一場暴風雨。 It says a storm may come next month. |
| 如果有了正確的理論,只是把它空談一陣,束之高閣,並不實行,那末,這種理論再好也是沒有意義的。 If we have a correct theory but merely prate about it, pigeonhole it and do not put it into practice,then that theory, however good, is of no significance. |
| 金錢可以是許多東西的谷皮,卻不是裏面的穀粒。它能帶來食物,卻帶不來胃口;能帶來藥,卻帶不來健康;能帶來相識,卻帶不來友誼,能帶來僕人,卻帶不來他們的忠心;能帶來享受,卻帶不來幸福的寧靜 Money may be the husk of many things,but not the kernel. It brings you food,but not appetite;medicine,but not health; acquaintances,but not friends; servants,but not loyalty; days of joy,but not peace of happiness. |
| 請買單。 Bring me the bill please. |
| 不浪費,不會窮。 Waste not, want not. |
| 友誼之樹要常澆水。 Friendship is a plant which must be often watered. |
| 你的英語講的很好。 You speak English pretty well. |
| 對一切人都是朋友,對哪一個也不是朋友。 A friend to all is a friend to none. |
| 我現在心情很好。 I'm in a good mood. |
| 牛吃的是草,擠出來的是奶。 The cow eats grass but gives milk. |
3月16日 英語常用單詞學習
| maiden n.(文學)少女,未嫁女子; a. 未婚女子的,初次的,處女的 |
| rejoice vt./vi. 欣喜,高興 |
| strain n. 拉緊,緊張,拉力;勞累,過分疲勞; vt./vi. 盡量利用;拉緊;扭傷;過濾 |
| grudge vt. 吝惜,不願給;n. 惡意,怨恨,忌妒 |
| embed vt. 把…嵌入;使紮根於 |
| ammunition n. 彈藥 |
| pants n. 褲子 |
| wary a. 謹慎的,小心的 |
| commit vt. 犯(罪),幹(壞事);使(自己)承擔義務,作出保證,承諾;把…交托給 |